[MEncoder-users] Unplayable H264 video (Crosspost - ffmpeg-user)

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 21:27:05 CEST 2010

On 10/29/2010 4:04 AM, Navjot Kukreja wrote:
> The vendor of the DVR has provided a Directshow filter(Its an ax file).
> After installing this, I'm able to play the video in WMP.
I've never been able to get DirectShow to work with MPlayer/MEncoder
(might be possible if X is installed, but I haven't worked with a
graphical Linux set up in quite a while). What type of filter is it
(demuxer, decoder or something else)? If it's a container issue, you may
be able to remux it with tsMuxeR or MP4Box (both are available for
Linux) and your problem is solved. If you are completely dependent on
that DShow filter (e.g., if it's some wacky proprietary modification of
AVC that no normal decoder can handle), you'll have to use AviSynth on
Windows.