[MEncoder-users] encoding to mpg

Olive not0read0765 at yopmail.com
Tue Oct 12 23:02:07 CEST 2010

Hello,

My TV is able to read some *.mpg file from a usb key/hard disk. I would
like to use mencoder to convert some videos to this format. I am lost
in the numerous options. Is there a simple way to convert a video to
mpg with the same feature (quality, resolution). Many solutions I have
seen ask to specify the sample rate, resolution, etc... What I would
like is just preserving the characteristic of the original video,
whatever they are and to convert to a standard mpg format that could be
read by my TV (I do not know exactly what my TV accept, this is not
mentioned in the doc, but maybe there exists a standard format that can
be played everywhere).

Olive