[MEncoder-users] interlaced/non-interlaced

Jarek Czekalski jarekczek at poczta.onet.pl
Wed Oct 6 09:12:17 CEST 2010

> Broadcast MPEG-TS flags can never be trusted to indicate
> whether a video stream is interlaced or progressive.
I don't think it's a good point of view for an mplayer programmer. If
there's a flag the program should be able to adapt to it. Then you could
say: we do everything all right, blame the mpeg stream for not setting
the flag correctly. Automatic choosing of encoding type
(interlaced/noninterlaced) would be beneficial to both advanced and
simple users.