[MEncoder-users] ATSC closed captioning

Scott W. Larson scowl at wballphotos.com
Sun Nov 28 19:55:48 CET 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 19:37 +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Again: there is no "outside of a GOP" or "outside of a frame" in
> MPlayer. All data, every single bit belongs to some frame both
> inside MPlayer and the ffmpeg decoders.
> The problem is multiple userdata segments within (in MPlayer
> terms) one frame.

OK, you're using "frame" as an mplayer term, not as an MPEG-2 term which
is all I know. I'm talking about the user data that arrives, for
example, after the sequence header code and before the group start code.
This isn't associated with an individual frame yet I have found caption
data in user data at this point in the stream.

> But the point of "reimplementing" was to get a "proper" solution :-).

But if this is the proper solution, why is it dropping characters?