[MEncoder-users] x11 error

Rick C. rickcorteza at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 14:25:34 CET 2010

On Nov 28, 2010, at 9:03 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Rick C. <rickcorteza <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Would anyone have an idea why I would be getting this crash:
>>
>> Dyld Error Message:
>>  Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
>>  Reason: image not found
>
> I fear you did not provide enough information to get any useful help.
> (Starting with complete, uncut output of MEncoder including having read what it
> prints if it prints anything.)
>
> Carl Eugen

Sorry about that Carl.  That's really about all it gives.  Here's the uncut:

Last login: Sun Nov 28 20:41:46 on ttys002
mymac:~ main$ /mencoder ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /mencoder
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap
logout

[Process completed]

I think it's clear the library it's looking for is not there it's just I thought it would not look for an X11 library if I compiled with --disable-x11?

Thanks again,

rc