[MEncoder-users] license question

Rick C. rickcorteza at gmail.com
Fri May 7 02:45:04 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but a little clarification would be great.  It's my understanding that Mencoder (along with x264/Faac) are ok to use in a shareware program as long as certain rules are followed such as hosting all source code on the website, posting a copy of the license, having the user separately install Mencoder and related libraries and not distributing them inside the shareware program, not taking credit for these libraries, etc.  But I do see a lot of confusion out there so I'm just curious.  I know many shareware programs use these libraries and many don't necessary follow the rules.  But if you do everything correct it's ok isn't it?  Thanks,

rc