[MEncoder-users] help for beginner

Rick C. rickcorteza at gmail.com
Tue May 4 00:50:54 CEST 2010

Hello,

I've just started using mencoder and I could use some assistance on what I might be missing here.  First I have installed faac and tried to use the following to convert to ipod/mp4 format:

mencoder test.mov -o test.m4v -of lavf -lavfopts format=ipod -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=libfaac -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4

I do get a file that works but seems to be missing the AAC codec that I'm expecting to show up.  I know people are doing something similar to this and getting good results but for some reason I'm stuck.  I'm probably overlooking something obvious.  I know the above code doesn't produce a high quality because I'm just trying to keep it simple for now to resolve this issue.  I can post back with any additional info needed.  I do appreciate any help thanks!

rick