[MEncoder-users] Merging FLV Files, Audio out of sync

Rob Desilets rd at icalc.com
Wed Mar 17 21:34:10 CET 2010

Hi All,

We are using ustream.tv for live video broadcasts. Once the live event
has been completed, ustream posts FLV files to our server (recordings of
the live event).

I am using mencoder to splice together the FLV files to make one long
"replay" than is then viewed in a flash player from our server.

Here is the syntax I am using:

mencoder 1024.flv 1031.flv 1039.flv -o 282.merged.flv -of lavf -oac copy
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv

I am finding that the audio is out of sync in the final FLV file. As an
example, I can see people's lips moving that is not in sync with the audio.

Can you suggest any other settings I might try that might correct this?

Thanks in advance.

-Rob
Austin, TX, USA