[MEncoder-users] Encoded file doesn't sync with iPhone [SOLVED]

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Wed Mar 17 15:58:02 CET 2010

* James Hastings-Trew on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 at 06:21:06 -0600
> Christian Ebert wrote:
>> As is frameref=1 btw. You might be lucky with higher settings,
>> but basically the iPod/iPhone allows only 1 reference frame.
>>
> Nonsense. I've used frameref=6 for ipod/iphone and the videos work
> just fine.

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2006-September/015930.html

|"Baseline Low-Complexity" is something they made up. It basically
|means "Baseline with 1 reference frame".

I am not able to find any "official" specs by Apple, and the
above certainly refers to iPod Classic (2006), so you might get
away with more for newer models, but, as I said in my other mail,
I definitely had a failure with frameref=6 on an iPod Touch
(newer than 2006 ;-) )

theatre - books - texts - movies
Black Trash Productions at home: <http://www.blacktrash.org/>
Black Trash Productions on Facebook: