[MEncoder-users] Encoded file doesn't sync with iPhone [SOLVED]

Jörgen Isaksson jogga at me.com
Tue Mar 16 00:02:58 CET 2010

15 mar 2010 kl. 23.05 skrev Grozdan <neutrino8 at gmail.com>:

> 2010/3/15 Jörgen Isaksson <jogga at me.com>:

>>> try h264enc, it has presets for iphone/ipod and muxes to mp4 as
>>> well.
>>> I don't buy shit from Apple, but I know people have successfully
>>> used
>>> to encode for their devices
>>>
>>> http://h264enc.sourceforge.net/
>>>
>>> Make sure your gpac/mp4box is up to date
>>
>> It seems like the x264 encoding settings I was using didn't produce
>> a baseline h264 track as I expected. I used trial and error and
>> found a solution that actually syncs with my iPhone without the
>> need to use mp4box for muxing. Nice!
>>
>> This is what I'm using at the moment if someone is interested.
>>
>> mencoder input.mov -o output.m4v \
>> -vf scale=480:-10,harddup \
>> -of lavf -lavfopts format=ipod \
>> -alang en \
>> -oac faac -faacopts br=128:mpeg=4:object=2:raw \
>> -ovc x264 -x264encopts
>> bitrate=
>> 800:
>> nocabac:level_idc=
>> 30:
>> bframes=
>> 0:g
>> lobal_header:threads=
>> auto:subq=
>> 5:f
>> rameref=
>> 6:partitions=all:trellis=1:chroma_me:me=umh:weightp=0:8x8dct=0
>
> trellis=1 will do nothing when cabac is disabled as it depends on it.
> So setting it to 1 (enable) will do nothing. Also, are you sure the
> iphone can take 6 frame references without disturbing the picture?

I'm not sure of anything regarding this. I'm just saying that it's
finally syncing with the iPhone. I will have to dig deeper into all
those options now that I have something to work with. It seems like
the last two parameters did the trick?

But thx for all the help and friendly replies from all list members.

/ Jorgen