[MEncoder-users] need help on DV video decoder

pcuser p pcuser.mails at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 08:23:35 CET 2010

Thanks for reply.
Going through source code is good option,but without the proper
standard document,its difficult to understand how its implemented.
My problem is, I don't have the proper document to understand dv file
format.which document clearly explains it?

I've gone through dv video standards (SMPTE-314 and IEC 61834-1,2).
Both of the documents explain about how video data compression is done
(DCT,VLC,etc.,)
but none defines about file format of dv video file.

For example if i have a file with .dv extension,there must be some
header which identifies that it's a dv file & metadata and also info
about where to find
AAUX,VAUX, & DIFdata in the dv file.
This info is not provided in the document i looked into

PS:
I've read through  IEC 61834-2 and SMPTE 314M document.
Is this info is available in IEC 61834-4 document?

expecting some help & suggestions..