[MEncoder-users] need help on DV video decoder

pcuser p pcuser.mails at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 10:34:41 CET 2010

I am trying to write a wrapper for dv dec(dv,dvcpro25/50) by reading
input from a dv encoded video file.I have some progressive encoded dv
video files in my pc.(ntsc & pal resolution)

But I don't know how to interpret the (.dv) file,I dont have the file
format spec for dv.
can somebody provide me insight on dv file format, or atleast provide
me the link for the file format spec of dv.

I have seen that mplayer can decode all types of dv files.
"on what file format mplayer dv decoder is implemented?how it
interprets dv files and extract header and metadata?"

If a dv file is contained in avi container,will there be any
modification in dv header & metadata.if we extract dv from avi
file,will the dv file contain header and metadata conforming with dv
standard file format (hope one exists,which i am searching for...)

PS:I have looked into SMPTE314M standard,it has info about data
compression but not on dv file format

I really got struck at the dv decoder wrapper for sometime without
having a dv file format specification...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
RJ