[MEncoder-users] weird VP7 errors, some fixed

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Mar 3 19:35:01 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 03:34:03PM +0100, Jakob Wierzba wrote:
> (mencoder complained when the DLLs where in the default folder; I had
> vfw2menc compiled with winegcc, but the options dialogue for the vp7 DLL
> wouldn't work (page fault), so I'm stuck with default settings)

You aren't, the encoder stores the settings in a settings file, you
should be able to find some on the internet and there might even be
an editor program around (not sure, it was a long time ago).

> BUT playback didn't work, apparently the Fourcc was set to "rceL", as
> mencoder ignored the -ffourcc override.

That's definitely a bug.

> I couldn't find an option to force mplayer to ignore the Fourcc
> specified in the file, -vfm wouldn't help.

-vc +codecname

> BUT STILL when I try to reencode that file, mencoder keeps dropping
> every 10th frame after the 22nd.

Well, -mc 0 -noskip makes sure it won't skip. You might get desync instead,
in which case that's not a real improvement.