[MEncoder-users] Need help fixing/decoding a recovered h264 file

Marc MERLIN marc_mplayer at merlins.org
Wed Mar 3 00:42:00 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 11:45:38PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 11:04:01PM +0100, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 23:11:24 -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > > thanks to your detailled info, it worked!!!
> >
> > Interestingly, this just popped up on freshmeat.net:
> > http://freshmeat.net/projects/recoverjpeg
> > Version 2.0:
> > "Support for recovery of MOV as well as JPEG files has been added."
> >
> > I have no idea if it would have come close to what you guys achieved in
> > the discussions here. (My respect by the way.)
>
> Well, the process I used can be automated, I'd happily explain to someone
> who wants to write code to automate it.

I mentioned it to Christophe GRENIER, and PhotoRec 6.12-WIP actually already
recovers the necessary pieces, but it creates 2 files.
One is a .mp4, one is a .mov.

If you cat the .mp4 with the .mov you actually get a working file.

With a little luck he'll find a way to have PhotoRec do this automatically
in some future version.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/