[MEncoder-users] how do u set H264 video ID?

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 18:59:51 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 6:54 PM, U. George <netbeans at gatworks.com> wrote:
> On 06/28/2010 12:36 PM, Grozdan wrote:
>>
>> My reply said that -vid SELECTS THE ID, IT DOES NOT SET IT.... oh my God!
>
> so tell me, when one writes "-ovc x264" does one select x264 or does one set
> x264? This is a nuance you do not appear to be capable of grasping.

-ovc x264 has nothing to do with IDs... what YOU do not understand is
the difference between SELECTING and SETTING something. Maybe use a
dictionary to explain it to you?

SELECTING is when you have multiple things and you SELECT (choose) one
SETTING is when you explicitly SET a property

Got it? I suspect not....