[MEncoder-users] how do u set H264 video ID?

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 18:36:30 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 6:18 PM, U. George <netbeans at gatworks.com> wrote:
> On 06/28/2010 11:46 AM, Grozdan wrote:
>>
>> And was it not clear to you that the -vid option SELECTS the ID, it
>> does NOT set the ID and you cannot do that with mencoder either
>
> please read Subject line. "how do u set H264 video ID?"
>
>> Stream identifier                : 0
>> ID                               : 4352
>> ID                               : 4352 (0x1100)
>
> ur reply said to use -vid

My reply said that -vid SELECTS THE ID, IT DOES NOT SET IT.... oh my God!!!

For example, if you have a video file with TWO (2) video streams in
it, then you can use -vid to select which one to display. You cannot
use -vid to SET THE ID FOR THE ENCODE. Why is it so difficult for you
to understand this simple fact???

I honestly don't know how you do not understand what I already
explained to you THREE TIMES SO FAR, and you still don't get it.

-vid SELECTS the ID. It CANNOT set the ID

> This, apparently does nothing for output files.
>
> Maybe you should read my first inquiry, where i said I needed to set the ID
> of the output file to 4352. Just like the way my canon vixia camcorder has
> set it to when it created its MTS file.

Why? Why do you need to set the ID to 4352 in an AVI container??? This
is beyond ridiculous and NOT POSSIBLE with mencoder. Do you
understand???

> setting frameref also does not do anything. maybe i'll read the log, and see
> if it says ignored. ;-/

What has frameref to do with video IDs????? Are you serious or just plain silly?