[MEncoder-users] Accuracy of the -endpos option

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Mon Jun 28 09:56:08 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have troubles with the accuracy of the -endpos option. Most of the time,
I get about 40 to 50 frames too much. When I adjust the value to get the
correct end position, then audio ends about 2 seconds too early.

The problem doesn't seem to be dependant on the source material or the
codec. I had the problem with ljpeg and DV source (which should both be
searchable on a frame-by-frame bassis). Using lavc instead of x264 don'
help either.

Any ideas what could cause this effect?