[MEncoder-users] how do u set H264 video ID?

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 07:35:39 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 11:05 PM, U. George <netbeans at gatworks.com> wrote:
>> Very frequently, ts/m2ts containers have high IDs in
>> contrast to avi which uses low ones
>
> As far as i can tell, they are about the same type of H264 file. ( at least
> that is my goal )

The video is H.264, but the containers differ - your original is mts
while you're outputting in avi. You shouldn't really worry about IDs

> If I were to set the -vid option, would that also set other options or
> defaults  to "ID 4113" features?

You need to give it a number when using -vid. That number is the ID
itself, eg -vid 4113. If the default ID is picked up (4113) then you
don't have to use -vid. That option is there to select between
different video streams if the file has more than one video stream