[MEncoder-users] (automatic) white balance (eq2)

Al Bogner mencoder at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Sun Jun 27 21:46:34 CEST 2010

Am Sun, 27 Jun 2010 17:21:40 +0200
schrieb Grozdan <neutrino8 at gmail.com>:

Hi Grozdan,

> Also, seems your mplayer man page is a bit outdated. Here's
> mine on it

I quoted a web-verison, because mine is in German.

> > Sorry, I have no idea, how to _calculate_ values for the white
> > balance.
>
> By playing around/experimenting? I'm not very versed with this filter
> myself, so I won't be of much help.

You have been a lot help with other things and I want to thank you for
this!

Maybe there is someone, who has experience with white balance.

There is a thread, where I gave a hint myself with eq2 earlier
http://www.mailinglistarchive.com/html/mencoder-users@mplayerhq.hu/2010-02/msg00024.html

It seems to me that it does what I want: I first had to take a screen
shot of my video, then with gimp I computed the necessary RGB
correction; finally I applied it with values

-vf eq2=1:1:0:1:1.7:1.3:1:1

and the result is quite close to what I wanted.

At least, even if it is not perfect, it is more than acceptable and no
longer so unbearably bluish like before.