[MEncoder-users] (automatic) white balance (eq2)

Al Bogner mencoder at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Sun Jun 27 17:03:12 CEST 2010

Am Sun, 27 Jun 2010 16:38:31 +0200
schrieb Grozdan <neutrino8 at gmail.com>:

> > Where can I find a description how eq2 works in detail, explaining
> > the options?
>
> Read the man page

Excuse me, but I searched a lot, before I asked this. There is a
difference between reading and understanding.

mplayer -vf eq2=help
Option vf: eq2 have no option description.
MPlayer dev-SVN-r30099-4.4-openSUSE Linux 11.2 (x86_64)-Packman (C)
2000-2009 MPlayer Team

http://tivo-mplayer.sourceforge.net/docs/mplayer-man.html

eq2[=gamma:contrast:brightness:saturation:rg:gg:bg]

Alternative software equalizer that uses lookup tables (very slow),
allowing gamma correction in addition to simple brightness, contrast
and saturation adjustment.

Note that it uses the same MMX optimized
code as -vop eq if all gamma values are 1.0! The parameters are given
as floating point values.

Defaults are gamma=1.0, contrast=1.0,
brightness=0.0 and saturation=1.0. Parameters rg, gg, bg are the
independent gamma values for the Red, Green and Blue components, all
default to 1.0. The values are 0.1-10 for gammas, -2-2 for contrast
(negative values result in negative image) -1-1 for brightness and 0-3
for saturation.

Sorry, I have no idea, how to _calculate_ values for the white balance.

Al