[MEncoder-users] A good compromise for deinterlacing camcorder-dv-files

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Sun Jun 27 01:42:04 CEST 2010

* Al Bogner on Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 01:21:16 +0200
> There are so many possibilities to deinterlace a video and most times
> deinterlacing is discussed with ripped dvds.
>
> Do you have a recommendation for camcorder-videos, captured from tape
> to dv1-format?
>
> For a first try, I used this. The source ist 720x576 interlaced, 16:9
> PAL
>
> mencoder "$FILE" -fps "$FPS" -aspect "$DAR" \
> -vf
> yadif=0,softskip,scale=1024:576,eq2=1.15,hqdn3d,unsharp=l:5x5:0.9:c:5x5:0.1
> \
> -sws 9 \
> -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=ffv1 \
> -ofps "$FPS" -nosound \
> -o "$FFV1VIDEOFILE"
>
> If I use yadif=1 I get slow motion, which I found recommended somewhere.
>
> I could accept if the encoding lasts a little bit longer, but not 10x.

You can make it last even longer with something like
-vf yadif=1,mcdeint=2:1:10,softskip   ;-)

If you are satisfied with yadif=0, stick to it.

Depending on your material -vf pp=lb (lineblend) might be another
fast solution, or a combination of -vf yadif=0,pp=lb,softskip

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]
free movies      --->>> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/
http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/underdogma-movies/id363423596