[MEncoder-users] Best and fastest way to extract audio from a dv-file

Al Bogner mencoder at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Sat Jun 26 00:27:16 CEST 2010

Am Fri, 25 Jun 2010 23:12:19 +0200
schrieb Grozdan <neutrino8 at gmail.com>:

Hi,

> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Al Bogner
> <mencoder at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc> wrote:
> > I have dv-files (raw) from a camcorder and would like to have the
> > audio only. I could get it work with ffmpeg, but not with mencoder
> >
> > What is similar to
> >
> > ffmpeg -i "$FILE" -vn -acodec copy "$FILE"".wav" &
> >
> > with mencoder?
>
> not with mencoder, but with mplayer...
>
> mplayer "$FILE" -vc null -vo null -ao pcm:fast:file="${FILE%.*}.wav"

Your example doesn't work with MPlayer dev-SVN-r30099-4.4-openSUSE
Linux 11.2 (x86_64)-Packman. It produces a very short noise-clip.

Audio
ID                               : 0
Format                           : PCM
Codec ID                         : 1
Codec ID/Hint                    : Microsoft
Duration                         : 512ms
Bit rate                         : 1 024 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 32.0 KHz
Resolution                       : 16 bits
Stream size                      : 64.0 KiB (100%)

I played already with a similar syntax and got with
mplayer -vo null -vc null -ao pcm:fast:waveheader "$FILE" something
similar to your syntax, I mean a very short noise.

Too many buffered pts
Your system is too SLOW to play this!

LOL, this cannot be.
Here is the machine:
http://www.smolts.org/client/show_all/pub_d9258482-3ac2-4448-9bd6-33e87cb9a6a5

mplayer -vo null -vc dummy -ao pcm:fast:waveheader "$FILE"
works better, but the default file audiodump.wav has to be renamed,
which is not a big problem and the duration differs from the original,
which is a real problem.

Audio
ID                               : 0
Format                           : PCM
Codec ID                         : 1
Codec ID/Hint                    : Microsoft
Duration                         : 4s 720ms
Bit rate                         : 1 024 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 32.0 KHz
Resolution                       : 16 bits
Stream size                      : 590 KiB (100%)

If you want the file to test, let me know. The size is 17MB.

This is the way I create the video-file:

mencoder "$FILE" -fps "$FPS" -aspect "$DAR" \
-vf
yadif=0,softskip,scale=1024:576,eq2=1.1,hqdn3d,unsharp=l:5x5:0.9:c:5x5:0.1
\
-sws 9 \
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=ffv1 \
-ofps "$FPS" -nosound \
-o "$FFV1VIDEOFILE"

I also don't understand why I have to have the vf-Filters in 1 line

This is the source file:

Format                           : DV
Format_Commercial_IfAny          : DVCPRO
File size                        : 16.8 MiB
Duration                         : 4s 880ms
Overall bit rate                 : 28.8 Mbps
Recorded date                    : 2010-02-16 21:36:28

Video
Format                           : DV
Format_Commercial_IfAny          : DVCPRO
Duration                         : 4s 880ms
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 24.4 Mbps
Width                            : 720 pixels
Height                           : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate mode                  : Constant
Frame rate                       : 25.000 fps
Standard                         : PAL
Resolution                       : 8 bits
Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
Scan type                        : Interlaced
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 2.357
Stream size                      : 14.2 MiB (85%)
Encoding settings                : ae mode=full automatic / wb
mode=automatic / white balance= / fcm=manual focus

Audio #1
ID                               : 0
Format                           : PCM
Duration                         : 4s 880ms
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 768 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 32.0 KHz
Resolution                       : 12 bits
Stream size                      : 458 KiB (3%)

Audio #2
ID                               : 1
Format                           : PCM
Duration                         : 4s 880ms
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 768 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 32.0 KHz
Resolution                       : 12 bits
Stream size                      : 458 KiB (3%)

Al