[MEncoder-users] mencoder -> x264 ?

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 01:46:54 CEST 2010

On 6/22/2010 12:45 AM, Bob Tennent wrote:
> and now x264 is not listed by mencoder -ovc help. Was the binary package
> not built correctly or has x264 been deprecated? What should I use
> instead?
I build x264 and mplayer/mencoder from source tarballs almost daily and
the mplayer configure script always detects x264. The drawback to
building and installing manually is that you have update manually, but
if you can't get fairly recent pre-built packages, it's the way to go.
The mplayer configure script will list everything it can use, so you can
see if you're missing anything before you even compile it. It's not
difficult, but I'd be happy to help if that's what you decide to do.