[MEncoder-users] Is there a way to search the archive?

U. George netbeans at gatworks.com
Mon Jun 14 15:48:33 CEST 2010

> -vf filmdint=io=30:24/fast=0,softskip,harddup -noskip fps 30000/1001 (or fps
> 60000/1001) -ofps 24000/1001
>
> Can you make a clip available?

This has become somewhat *off topic* as it appears to relate to the
interpretative efforts of sony vegas pro.
On vegas, what I usually see *visually* is the strange F:F:D:F:F:
F:F:D:F:F F:F:D:F:F as I step frame by frame.

I tried the -vo md5sum to look at the checksum. And every frame is
different ( this really does not tell u how different though )
So I backtracked with the creation of new video's of a slowly spinning
fan. ( each min is about 177Mbyte )

Eventually, with the right selection of vegas pro switches, I was able
to visually recreate the 2:3 interlaced effect on the camcorders FP24 mode.

So now i am into the inverse-telecine process of AVCHD video files.

Is there a way to just get the 2:3 ( guess of ) cadence of the video
file? I just want to apply that ONE cadence to the inverse telecine
process. I just need to know ( be sure of ) the reliability of that
cadence guess, or that it thinks that there is more than one 2:3 cadence.