[MEncoder-users] Is there a way to search the archive?

U. George netbeans at gatworks.com
Fri Jun 11 05:33:17 CEST 2010

I am looking for info on the pullup process.

I have a canon camcorder that encodes ( FP24 ) 24p frames onto a 60i
AVCHD (24Mbps) stream.

I dont think its 2:3 rather every 4 progressive frames there is a
duplicate frame ( as viewed by going one frame at a time. 4 frames are
different, and the 5th frame is the same as the 4th ).

Although there is a web page that shows how to remove canons FP24 format
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16122693

when I try to mencode with the pullup flag, the resulting video is not
playable, or does not exist. The audio track does get placed in the
resulting file.

I would very much like to drop the duplicate 4th frame. BUt this scheme
appears to be out of mainstream telecine methods.

Would it be fairly easy to implement
if ( Frame(4) == Frame(5) ) drop_Frame();