[MEncoder-users] "Too many video packets in the buffer"

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 19:22:22 CEST 2010

On 6/4/2010 12:49 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Have you compared the bitrate of these files?
> Since you are using CABAC you might be reaching the maximum bitrate it can
> decode. Try using either VBV mode or without CABAC.
I have done encodes with these settings of similar material from
different sources and only these PAL captures have this problem. I have
done encodes from Blu-rays and they have significantly higher bitrates
than these encodes. Average BR for these is around 10-11Mbps, with peaks
at 40Mbps or so, but the parts I look at to compare sync are nowhere
near the peak. AFAICT, the encodes are perfectly compliant with High at L4.1.