[MEncoder-users] Another new (?) regression: lowres=3 with HD

Ilya Zakharevich nospam-abuse at ilyaz.org
Sun Jul 25 13:50:39 CEST 2010

Carl Eugen Hoyos
<mencoder-users at mplayerhq.hu>], who wrote in article <loom.20100723T095809-284 at post.gmane.org>:
> > And I do not understand "it is not a regression" remark too.

> lowres never worked correctly for H.264, so there is no regression in the
> version you are testing (latest svn correctly refuses lowres for all decoders
> that do not support it).
>
> If you think I am wrong (= you have a MPlayer version and a H.264 video were
> lowres is correctly supported), please provide full, uncut output (and the
> video) so I can reproduce it.

r30994 crashes, r25844 does not.  If this is not a regression, then I
do not know what is.  ;-)  (Well, r25844 does not *grant* the version eigher)

Anyway, I picked up this command line from Internet - it was
recommended as default for HD movies on weak machines.  I presume it
worked for *somebody*.  Does not necessarily follows, I know...

Yours,
Ilya