[MEncoder-users] Another new (?) regression: lowres=3 with HD

Ilya Zakharevich nospam-abuse at ilyaz.org
Tue Jul 20 04:55:25 CEST 2010

Tested with r31383 (it was not there with r25844):

  arguments
       -vfm ffmpeg -lavdopts lowres=2:fast:skiploopfilter=all
  give problems with most HD files:

Starting playback...
[h264 @ 0x458cf0]left block unavailable for requested intra4x4 mode -1 at 0 17
[h264 @ 0x458cf0]error while decoding MB 0 17, bytestream (191)
Assertion failed: _UM_LUMP_STATUS (olump) == _UMS_FREE, file D:/CODING/LIBC/SVN/BRANCHES/LIBC-0.6/src/emx/src/lib/malloc/ialloc.c, line 116

MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: decode video

AFAIR how EMX malloc() behaves, this looks like a buffer under/overrun.

E.g, for 80MB clip, this goes

  http://downloads.dvdloc8.com/trailers/divxdigest/bourne_ultimatum_trailer.zip

(found through http://www.h264info.com/clips.html).  Interestingly
enough, this does not happens (or at least not "so often") with
SD videos upscaled to HD.  (Well, ALL HD videos I tried give the error
above, and a couple SDs I tried to upscale do not...)

Is it a pilot error, or a legitimate problem?

Thanks,
Ilya