[MEncoder-users] Stereo Audio encoded as mono.

- stellarpower at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 14 18:44:15 CEST 2010

I was wondering if someone could give me a hand with this problem.

I've tried to add an audio file to my encode with -audiofile. I believe that
it's stereo-when the original plays, it comes out on both channels. However,
when I played-back the encoded video, the sound only came out on the left
side. Please could someone give me some advice on how to manipulate audio
channels in mencoder. I'd also like to know how I could downmix a stereo
soundtrack to a mono that plays through both speakers.

Thanks for your help.