[MEncoder-users] [FFmpeg-user] Resize and Interlace doesnt work

Peter pscientist at inbox.com
Mon Jul 12 04:46:01 CEST 2010

Mathias Dietz (mathiasdietz) wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> i want to creat a SD mpeg2 Interlaced File out of a XDCAM EX HD file.
>
> When I try only "-flags +ilme+ildct" I have an Interlaced output, but in 1920*1080
> When I do -s 720x576 also, I always have an progressive output.
>
> It isn't possible for me to create a resized interlaced output.

I have found a command which seems to work nicely, but as I said in the FFmpeg
list, you need MEncoder, which is why I'm posting this answer to the MEncoder list.

Here is the command line:
{path to}mencoder {input file}.m2ts -mc 0 -noskip -fps 30000/1001 -oac lavc -ovc
lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9800:vbitrate=5000:keyint=18:vstrict=0:aspect=16/9:ildct:ilme:mbd=2:acodec=ac3:abitrate=192
-vf scale=720:480:1,harddup -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf -ofps 30000/1001
-o {output file}.mpg

However, you will need to play with some of these parameters, as I see you use
PAL whereas mine is NTSC. I think keyint will be 15 for you, not 18, and the
scale factor and fps will differ.

Key points of the command are "ildct:ilme:mbd=2" which makes the encoder use
interlacing, and the :1 in the scale command which makes it use the
interlace-aware scaler.

I hope this helps; if you are actually reading this I can explain most of the
parameters if you wish.

--
Peter