[MEncoder-users] how to test encoded file ?

Bernd Butscheidt bbutscheidt at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 8 13:47:21 CEST 2010

From: Grozdan <neutrino8 at gmail.com>
8. July 2010, 12:42:37 h

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Bernd Butscheidt <bbutscheidt at yahoo.de> wrote:
>>and why do you want to create a true 24 fps film file?
>>
>> I just like to have back the original speed (movie at 24 fps)

>So the original was true film? Not 23.976fps?

Just to make things clear: No my input is PAL 25fps, that's why I start with
-speed 24/25.

>>>Still, if you want 24fps file, use -vf
>>>filmdint=fast=0/io=25:24/dint_thres=256 -ofps 24

>> I haven't discovered this yet. But will this just drop frames to achieve
24fps
>> or slow down the movie (which means reverse the PAL-Speedup?)

>IIRC, it interpolates, doesn't drop them to achieve this.

O.K, i will check this, but I fear this is not what I need, because the amount
of frames should'nt change, just the amount of frames played in one second -
that's why the movie lenght of the reencode is expected to be longer than the
PAL source.

Thanks for all other hints. I will keep in mind that I have an alternative
container to try when things with lavf are finally not working at all. Up to
now, it was reliable to me while speeding up the remuxing with mkvmerge.

Kind regards
Bernd