[MEncoder-users] Most recent svn builds produce bad H264 mp4 files for iPod?

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 13:09:12 CEST 2010

 On 7/5/2010 11:29 PM, Flint Million wrote:
> As of late, the SVN builds are producing invalid mp4 files using h264
> for playback on my iPod.
Add bframes=0 to your x264 options. By default, x264 will use B-frames
now. This is a change in x264; MEncoder doesn't change any defaults (I
think).
> I'm even willing to try compiling my own
> version - I'm very familiar with compiling software on Linux, but I've
> never done it on Windows/MinGW, so a tutorial would be very helpful!
Good luck with that. I've tried a few times in vain and could never get
it to build on Windows. It's very easy to build on Linux, but I don't
know how that guy does it on Windows.