[MEncoder-users] RMVB bitrate

Tamas Selmeci tselmeci at open-st.eu
Tue Jul 6 10:54:45 CEST 2010

Hi all!

I have an RMVB video file and mplayer reports (a seemingly) bad
framerate, 23.00 fps. However, Windows Media Player Classic says it is
23.98 fps. Before converting this video the framerate must be precisely
known to apply the appropriate ("fake-telecine") settings. Is there any
way to detect the exact framerate of this file?

(I though it can be a variable FPS movie, but my libavformat-based frame
analyzer tool says the same duration for each frame)

Thanks,
--
Selmeci, Tamas
http://www.open-st.eu