[MEncoder-users] Trying to fully understand de-interlacing.

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 15:48:30 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Grozdan <neutrino8 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Well, somewhat correct. IIRC there's an optimized version of yadif
>> (both quality and speed) floating around on doom9, which is faster
>> than the one in mplayer. If I'm not mistaken and from what I recall,
>> it was proposed to merge the patch in mplayer but it was rejected for
>> some reason
>
> Could you point me to that version?

I think it is this thread (but am not sure)
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=124284

It's the yadif port thread for avisynth where some peeps posted some
optimizations. I'm not sure if mplayer's yadif has SSE3 code, but the
one in avisynth has it. I'm also not sure how beneficial SSE3 is.
That's its changelog so you can go over and see what they
changed/added so far.

http://avisynth.org.ru/yadif/yadif.html