[MEncoder-users] Trying to fully understand de-interlacing.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jul 3 15:39:10 CEST 2010

Andrew Berg <bahamutzero8825 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I find that hard to believe; if it were true, there would be no point in
> > Interlacing.

There is no point unless...

> There is defintiely reason to interlace in certain situations

you are using a CRT which has the exact framerate of your material and you want
to "double" the horizontal resolution.

Seriously: It was a catastrophe from the beginning: Since I use de-interlacers,
I see the interlacing in my old CRT-TV, I wish they would stop using it for new
material.

Carl Eugen