[MEncoder-users] the options for the best x264 encoding with crf

Goga777 goga777 at bk.ru
Fri Jul 2 20:06:41 CEST 2010

Hi

in mencoder official documentation there's some settings for different options, for example for the best
quality the documentation recommend to use the following options (I will keep in the mind crf method,  not
2pass)

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-x264.html

Very high quality
subq=6:partitions=all:8x8dct:me=umh:frameref=5:bframes=3:b_pyramid:weight_b

speed (in fps)
6fps

Relative PSNR loss (in dB)
0dB

are there any additions options for the best quality of encoding which yu can recommend with crf for
576i video ?

BTW,  by default currently subq=7, why docs do recommend worse subq=6 ?

Goga