[MEncoder-users] 23.976 --> 25 fps conversion problem

Bernd Butscheidt bbutscheidt at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 1 12:31:16 CEST 2010

On 07/01/2010 10:41 AM, Bernd Butscheidt wrote:

> I would have expected that you need to add
>
> -speed 25/23.976
>
> to your command. At least I use the -speed option for the other way round, turning PAL 25 fps to 23.976.

>On 07/01/2010 , Tamas Selmeci wrote:

>I thought -speed is just for mplayer, not for mencoder. This resulting video material will be played back on an embedded system which has
>nothing to do with mplayer. On the other hand, a simple speedup would raise the pitch of the sound, and that I wanted to avoid.

So it works for you without the speed option. Maybe it depends on the source material or on the fact that you do a speed up, I do a speed down. If I leave out the speed option (only using-ofps 23.976) I think to remember just to get frame drops. My sources are not avi (=mpeg4 avc ?!) but mpeg2 (ts-stream recording from TV-Sat-Card).

Regards
Bernd