[MEncoder-users] Encoding interlaced content: what am I doing wrong?

Levente Novák lnovak at dragon.unideb.hu
Fri Jan 29 10:34:11 CET 2010

2010. 01. 28, csütörtök keltezéssel 21.19-kor Moritz Barsnick ezt írta:

> By the way, can something like ProjectX (?) not edit MPEG2 without
> reencoding anything except the cut points?  Then the "intermediate"
> file could ideally be the final format.

Yes, dvbcut (I would recommend the svn version, not the outdated
"stable" release, even if this latter works well also). I use it
routinely for all of my ivtv (MPEG-PS) captures. It only reencodes the
frames which are inbetween the cutpoint and an I-frame. If you cut only
on I-frames, nothing will be reencoded.

Additionally if you capture without P and B frames (I-frames only), you
can cut where you want without being forced to reencode.

Levente