[MEncoder-users] Encoding interlaced content: what am I doing wrong?

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 15:29:49 CET 2010

Because I try to keep as much quality as I can get, and as x264 is far
superior to MPEG2, I capture to x264. Then I write an EDL file to cut
out snow and bad scenes and the like, and then convert it to MPEG-2 in 2
passes. x264 had something called constant rate factor which encodes
based on scene complexity instead of just targeting a bitrate.

So, first encode to x264, then to MPEG-2 in slower-then-realtime and 2
passes.