[MEncoder-users] Enable mbtree

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 22:19:27 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Баймуратов Г. М. <flibustier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I've enough time for encoding and I need the highest quality at lowest
> file size

If you want small file sizes, why do you use an encoding mode which is
hard to predict what file size it'll produce? Go for 2 or 3 pass
encoding. With CRF you can't predict easily what your final file size
will be

Also, your bframes=32 will be clipped to 16 internally as 16 is the
maximum. Furthermore, it's doubtful that the encoder will use all 16
bframes with b-adapt=2 (unless you're encoding anime), so you're just
wasting time/cycles for no good reason. Also TESA is placebo, you
won't be able to spot any difference between UMH and TESA, not unless
you use a magnifying glass or have alien eyes :)