[MEncoder-users] Converting video from HD-PVR

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 16:04:49 CET 2010

Update:
tsMuxeR GUI identifies the raw AVC stream as 29.97fps. I've had reasons
to doubt that 1080i content is 60fps, and this, along with the jittery
output I got after muxing the stream with MP4Box, makes me think MP4Box
can't handle interlaced video properly. When muxed into an MPEG-TS
container with tsMuxeR, video playback is normal.

Those black frames are because I used the wrong settings by accident. I
will have to do the same tests again with proper x264 settings.