[MEncoder-users] Encoding .3gp video with mencoder

Ross Clement rossclement at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 20:21:44 CET 2010

Does anyone know how to encode .3gp videos for mobile phones using mencoder?

I've searched online, and there are some guides for ffmpeg. However,
they rely on ffmpeg being compiled against the amr_nb libraries. And
the current version of ffmpeg does not have those options available
for ./configure any more.

The movies my phone takes have an H263 video codec (no problem is
seems, a 3gp container (again, ffmpeg should handle this), and amr_nb
audio codec. I have amrnb-encoder on my machine, but can't seem to get
everything put together.