[MEncoder-users] mkv to hard sub avi to m4v command line options and sync problems

v4r4n console.cowboy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 23:58:03 CET 2010

Ya.. it would be if Handbrake properly recognized the subtitles in the .mkv
files.  Handbrake also doesn't support hard/baked subtitles, so that is why
I've been trying to learn more about how to use MEncoder.

I've actually already successfully converted some media files, but for some
reason I've come across one in particular that requires me to completely
break it down and resync all the audio/video/subtitles together again.