[MEncoder-users] Where to to download most recent version

James Hastings-Trew jimht at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 13 14:32:09 CET 2010

Etienne Buira wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 07:46:35AM -0500, Jeff Sherk Forerunner Ministries wrote:
>
>> Anybody?
>>
>> Is v1.0rc2-4.2.1 the most recent version for windows?
>>

> No idea for mencoder binary for windows. But if you want the last
> version, your best bet is to compile svn version yourself.

On Windows, that is a pretty daunting proposition. I've never gotten it
to properly compile myself, although I have managed to compile it on the
Mac.

Here's a couple of locations where you can get Windows executables:

http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php
http://kovensky.project357.com/

The first link is generally more up to date than the second one, but not
always.