[MEncoder-users] Failed to convert from WMV to FLV

迪搏刘 liudibo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 07:51:57 CET 2010

Use MediaInfo to get the WMV file's information:

General
Complete name                    : test2.wmv
Format                           : Windows Media
File size                        : 13.3 MiB
Duration                         : 54mn 27s
Overall bit rate mode            : Constant
Overall bit rate                 : 34.2 Kbps
Maximum Overall bit rate         : 157 Kbps
Performer                        : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Encoded date                     : UTC 2008-04-06 23:55:09.764
Copyright                        : 2008

Video
ID                               : 2
Format                           : Windows Media
Codec ID                         : MSS2
Codec ID/Info                    : Windows Media 9
Description of the codec         : Windows Media Video 9 Screen
Duration                         : 54mn 27s
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 138 Kbps
Width                            : 800 pixels
Height                           : 600 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 4:3
Frame rate                       : 5.000 fps
Resolution                       : 8 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.058
Stream size                      : 53.8 MiB
Language                         : English (US)

Audio
ID                               : 1
Format                           : WMA
Format profile                   : Voice
Codec ID                         : A
Codec ID/Info                    : Windows Media Audio
Description of the codec         : Windows Media Audio Voice 9 - 12 kbps, 16
kHz, mono
Duration                         : 54mn 27s
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 12.0 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 1 channel
Sampling rate                    : 16.0 KHz
Resolution                       : 16 bits
Stream size                      : 4.67 MiB (35%)
Language                         : English (US)

I can get the frame rate of this wmv file is 5. Then I use this number in
mencoder command.

mencoder.exe test2.wmv -o test2.flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts
abr:br=32 -srate 11025 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3:predia=2:dia=2:vb_strategy=1:precmp=2:cmp=3:preme=2:qns=2:keyint=45
-vf scale=480:-3 -fps 5 -ofps 5

But during converting I get the following error:

Pos:  35.0s    161f (38%) 10.49fps Trem:   0min   2mb  A-V:-0.400 [173:31]
Too many audio packets in the buffer: (4097 in 1843650 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.

'-ni' option can't help for wmv file. If I don't specified the fps value,
the conversion will be success. But it is playing very fast and quickly to
the end.

How to resolve this problem. Our company has many videos in such kind of WMV
formats which have to be converted.

Thanks!