[MEncoder-users] Neewbie question : need to resample avi file from 15fps to 25fps

7willows 7willows at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jan 4 17:49:50 CET 2010

On 04/01/2010 15:13, 7willows wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have twelve AVI files which were recorded at 640x480 @ 15fps
> recorded on my Nikon L20 camera which I want to add onto a DVD with
> AVI files from my Canon MV650 which records at 25fps.
>
> I have had a look through the MEncoder documentation but can not find
> what I need.
>
> Could you advise on the options required to resample the 640x480
> @15fps to 640x480 @25fps ?
>
> TIA

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback, I tried the following and get the output below

$ mencoder -fps 15 oldfile.avi -ofps 30 -o newfile.avi -vf harddup
MEncoder UNKNOWN-4.4.1 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
success: format 0 data 0x0 - 0x90000
AVI file format detected.
[aviheader] Video stream found, -vid 0
[aviheader] Video stream found, -vid 1
VIDEO: [MJPG] 640x480 24bpp 15.000 fps 4205.1 kbps (513.3 kbyte/s)
[V] filefmt:3 fourcc:0x47504A4D size:640x480 fps:15.000 ftime=0.0667
Input fps will be interpreted as 15.000 instead

No audio encoder (-oac) selected. Select one (see -oac help) or use -nosound

Exiting...

Checking the file properties on with SMPlayer on Ubuntu 9.10, it reports
the audio
information as
Format           85
Bitrate          32kbps
Rate             16000Hz
Selected Codec   mp3

When I have tried various options and managed only to create a new file
but with no audio.

Can you point me in the right direction

TIA

Russell 		          7willows at dsl.pipex.com

"It's one small step for man; one giant leap for mankind"
           Neil Armstrong, Apollo 11 Mission, July 20, 1969

"As I take man's last step from the surface, back home for
some time to come ... but we believe not too long into the
future ... I'd like to just [say] what I believe history
will record ... that America's challenge of today has forged
man's destiny of tomorrow. And, as we leave the Moon at
Taurus-Littrow, we leave as we came and, God willing, as we
shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind.
Godspeed the crew of Apollo 17."
	Eugene Cernan, Apollo 17 Mission, December 14, 1972