[MEncoder-users] Dolby downmix

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Tue Dec 28 17:19:31 CET 2010

On 12/28/2010 4:20 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Carl Eugen Hoyos<cehoyos<at>  ag.or.at>  writes:
>
>>> Since mencoder knows how to thread the combined video and audio together
>>> none of these glitches matter, which is also why ffmpeg is useless for
>>> processing these a/v streams.
>> Since I don't think this problem is known,
> Or did you mean ffmpeg is uselesss since no filmdint filter exists (yet)?
>
> Carl Eugen
Carl,

yes, the filter chain is *extremely* sensitive. I have been trying to
get this to work for months (actually had given up on it) until I ran
across some post somewhere for another device that talked about the
tinterlace=4 and then the filmdint with softskip (plus -fps and -ofps).
I was delighted to find out it worked. Again, if you want me to upload
the sample and you find some other means to take the input and recreate
film I would be more than receptive.

I'd even stick some effort into my little tool YAMF and make it support
ffmpeg on top of mencoder. After all, I have heard too many times that
mencoder is not supported despite its large fan base. But I'd rather
keep the functions afloat than insist on a particular piece of software.

--
/re

"My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea"

Tommy Douglass