[MEncoder-users] Dolby downmix

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 11:40:11 CET 2010

On 12/28/2010 4:16 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Is there any advantage in using nero over faac?

I don't have any links handy (I'll search around later), but FAAC is not
nearly
as efficient (quality/bitrate - no idea which is faster) as Nero's
encoder. I wish the people working on FAAC the best, but AFAIK, Nero's
encoder is the best (and it beats FAAC by a landslide).

On an unrelated note, there's a big gap underneath quotes in my compose
window that looks like a blank line. That's why I haven't been adding a
line break between quote and reply.

Ignore the last message - it was incomplete.