[MEncoder-users] lavf floating point exception / dimensions not set

Joseph Miller josephcmiller2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 04:11:59 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Joseph Miller <josephcmiller2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Joseph Miller <josephcmiller2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, after doing some more checking, this does not happen with every
> file.  This does happen with files that have been put together with
> MP4Box.  I instead had this converted to .mov container using all of
> the same -ovc and -oac options (without lavf) then re-encoded that
> file to .mp4 using -of lavf.  Is this a bug I should report?

/opt/mplayer/bin/mencoder -oac mp3lame -srate 44100 -ovc x264 -vf
harddup -of lavf -o integra-lavf.mp4 integra.mp4
/opt/mplayer/bin/mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -nosound -of rawvideo
integra-lavf.mp4 -o video.h264
/opt/mplayer/bin/mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -of rawaudio
integra-lavf.mp4 -o audio.mp3
MP4Box -fps 30 -new integra-mp4box.mp4 -add video.h264 -add audio.mp3

Then...

/opt/mplayer/bin/mencoder -oac faac -ovc x264 -of lavf -o
integra-reencode.mp4 integra-mp4box.mp4

That last one gives me Floating point exception.

I have uploaded integra.mp4 and integra-lavf.mp4 and
integra-mp4box.mp4 to the following location:
http://www.calcmaster.net/downloads/fpx/

I have had this happen on MP4Box files and other .mp4 files.  I'm not
exactly sure what triggers it.  I can get around this by encoding to
.mp4 with mencoder and not using lavf, then reencoding that file using
mencoder lavf.

-Joseph