[MEncoder-users] Strange output format of mencoder

briconaut at gmx.de briconaut at gmx.de
Sun Dec 12 21:00:25 CET 2010

Hi,
thanks for the ideas and suggestions. I think I've now discovered the reason
for the corrupt files: mencoder gets killed mid-encoding. I was abled to
reproduce the strange video output format by sending SIGKILL to mencoder and
I noticed that the bad files have a few minutes missing at the end.
Unfortunately I'm not able to produce the effect without sending a
SIGKILL. I've transcoded my bad files a second time and everything went
fine.
I assume the same effect is caused by mencoder dying because of a bug. But
as long as I've got nothing more solid, I blame my own clumsiness for my
problems.

Thanks for the help,
Thomas.